All About Adjustable Rings: Adjusting, Pros, Cons
What is an adjustable ring:
An adjustable ring also called a free-size ring, is a ring that isn't closed to allow you to adjust and expand the ring to about half a ring size.
So, if you are looking for a ring and your finger is technically a size 10, but you have bigger knuckles (due to arthritis, etc), you’d probably love an adjustable ring because it can expand slightly, fitting over your knuckles easily. This makes them significantly more versatile than the traditional rings,
The adjustable rings offer a wide range of benefits, and if you find yourself struggling to fit in rings or just stopped wearing rings because they don’t fit right, then the adjustable rings would be an excellent option for you.
This means that instead of wearing an ill-fitting ring or giving up on rings altogether, you’d get the adjustable ring because it does the trick perfectly.
Types of Adjustable Rings:
there are numerous types, but two of the most common types are 1. the ring isn’t closed in the back and can be expanded by making a little gap between the ends, and 2. the ring crosses in the front as a design element and can be closed or open a bit.
Pros and Cons of Adjustable rings:
- The rings are easily adjustable
- Suitable for persons with slightly bigger knuckles
- You don’t have to get the right ring size with adjustable rings, thanks to their largely free sizing
- Most of the adjustable rings are ideal for persons struggling with arthritis and arthritic pain
- A ring is a great option if you don’t know your exact ring size (you do need to be close though as adjustable rings can only be adjusted by about 1/2 to 1 size depending on the design)
- They are easier to give as a gift (again, you don’t need to know the exact
- ring size)
- They are available in a wide range of eye-catching designs
- Too much stretching and contracting can be damaging to the ring
- They aren’t quite as strong as a closed ring, however, if you don’t resize them more than a few times and remove them properly (if your knuckle are enlarged), you shouldn’t have a problem.
I have found that some people have a strong preference for a solid or adjustable ring, so whenever possible, you will have a choice at checkout! The beauty of buying from a small artist who makes most pieces to order!
So shop rings now. at Pure Whimsy Jewelry.
The Proper Way to Adjust your Ring: